Re: How can you tell if the speaker jack on your sound card has anything plugged into it???

Sean Thayne wrote:
> How do you think Vista does it? I've used a couple of different
> computers (totally different hardware) and it can detect insertion for
> them all...

Since I've never used Vista, I have no idea how it does it.  However, my
point still stands: unless the hardware detects it and provide status
information to the driver, there's nothing you can do.

So just figure out how your hardware provides the info, and then update
your driver accordingly.