intel8x0 - copy function

Hi,

I am using Intel8x0 driver for my sound card.  During data transfer from
user to driver, I am trying to collect the buffer. I have implemented .copy
function and also disabled the mmap.

If I disable the mmap in .info structure, i get an error that the device is
in use. If i try getting the debug messages; It fails in
snd_pcm_common_ioctl1 for  SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_HW_REFINE.

Can anyone please guide me on to the right path of implementing what I want
to do.

--
-Harsha