Re: Patch - ESI Maya44 driver

At Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:27:49 +0100,
Rainer Zimmermann wrote:

> Hi Takashi,
>
> here's the maya44 patch.
>
> This is a patch against the current alsa-kernel tree.

Thanks.  This looks better than the previous version.

> I did add 2 definitions to ice1712.h (snd_ice1724_get_route_val and
> snd_ice1724_put_route_val), which allowed me to move some of the maya44 specific
> code to maya44.c .

We could do it in a bit cleaer way, but I think it's OK as is.

> There are still a few maya44 special cases in ice1724.c, because maya44 uses the
> "con" channel and routing switches differently. This is not really clean style I
> think, but I would suggest sorting this out later, as it would again require
> larger changes to ice1724.c and testing with other hardware.

Agreed.  This kind of clean up can be done later.

> Hope everything is ok with you, for now.
>
> This patch does *not* limit the sampling rate to 96kHz for capture, as discussed
> before.

The patch looks apparently not compliant to the kernel coding style.
Could you fix at least the issues reported by checkpatch.pl (the
latest one)?

thanks,

Takashi