Application doing forward/rewind

Hi,

I am new to ALSA framework and currently working on an embedded
platform. My ALSA driver works fine with APLAY and ARECORD utilities,
which are coming along with the alsa-utils package. But they don't
support forward and rewind. I wrote my own app for the same but the APIs
are returning me 0, although some frames have been forwarded.

I searched a lot for some simple command line based audio player which
can provide me this sort of functionality but I could not find one. Can
someone help? If I have missed something, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuj Aggarwal