Re: mic not working on JBL Quantum series USB headsets

В Ср, 21/07/2021 в 22:34 +0000, Jakub Fišer пишет:
> July 21, 2021 10:17 PM, "Alexander Tsoy" <alexander@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > В Вт, 20/07/2021 в 18:00 +0000, Jakub Fišer пишет:
> >
> > > My Quantum 800's microphone doesn't work and I found other reports
> > > suggesting
> > > this issue affects the whole Quantum product line.
> >
> > This device consists of two interfaces. The first interface contains
> > single playback endpoint and the second interface contains playback
> > and
> > capture endpoints. So JBL Quantum probably needs a registration quirk
> > similar to Kingston HyperX devices. Please try the patch below:
>
> The patch works! Thanks. Two new profiles appeared in Pulseaudio (via
> Pipewire) with "Mono input" and the profile "Pro Audio" gained the
> mono input as well. Both analog and digital profiles work for playback
> but only the "Pro Audio" profile exposes the second output as well.
> This
> profile is only available when using Pipewire (not in "plain" Pulse)
> but
> I guess this is not an Alsa-related issue.
>
> The microphone works in all three profiles as expected, everything
> is there out-of-the-box with the patched kernel. What's the process to
> get this patch to mainline? Should I be involved in it somehow?

Thanks for testing. I'll submit this patch.

> Just FYI, the headset also claims to have support for DTS Surround and
> a 7.1 ultimate-something, the latter being explicitly a proprietary
> thing.
>
> I guess DTS support is proprietary, too, but I couldn't find anything
> about
> it except that "it is there". In Windows both modes are only available
> via
> the proprietary application.

According to lsusb output [1] this device works in UAC 1.0 mode and
doesn't expose any of these capabilities. Presumably Windows driver is
switching the device into some proprietary vendor specific mode or it
is processing surround sound entirely in software.

[1]
https://github.com/linuxhw/LsUSB/blob/master/Desktop/Gigabyte%20Technology/B550/B550%20AORUS%20ELITE%20V2/C77F0DF57EA1/CLEAR-LINUX-OS-34320/5.10.18-1027.NATIVE/X86_64/6093659817