asihpi - how much further?

Hi Takashi,
My boss has started asking how long is it going to take to get our driver into mainline.  I.e. a list of things we need to do, that when all those items have been dealt with, then the driver is accepted.Is it possible to make such a list?
thanks and regards
Eliot Blennerhassettwww.audioscience.com

P.S. Heres a quote that I feel has some relevance:
http://linux-foundation.org/weblogs/openvoices/linus-torvalds-part-ii/
Jim Zemlin: But in a sense, over time, you win because you set the bar high and you encourage people to get it into the main line.
Linus Torvalds: One of the problems is we have people who have so high criteria for what is acceptable or not that it scares away people who want to do new code and do new experiments.
We mustn’t set the bar that high. New code, new drivers, there will be problems and I’d rather take them and then improve them than expect driver authors, especially when they stand outside the main tree and feel kind of like outsiders even though maybe they really are part of the same whole development community, but they feel like outsiders because their driver hasn’t made it into the tree yet.
And then asking them to jump through hoops and make their driver perfect when they’re standing there alone and don’t have help; I think that’s unfair. And there are people in the kernel community that feel that way that things have to be just right before you can accept them and I’m much more of a laissez-faire kind of person. We don’t want to accept bad things, but on the other hand, hey, everything starts from less-than-perfect roots and it’s much better to accept things that work but may not be perfect and then improve on them when we can all improve on them and all the different vendors can fix the small nagging issues they have instead of keeping them at arm’s length until they’re perfect because maybe they’ll never be perfect without help.