Re: ASoC topology loading vs card bind

Thanks Pierre for inputs,

On 18/03/2021 12:40, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote:

Am trying to load FE dais from topology file along with the graph definition.

Ex:
Lets say we have a dai link in soundcard which has cpus->dai_name pointing to an FE dai ("MultiMedia1") available in topology file.

Why would you want to do this? You are hard-coding an FE dailink in the machine driver, when it can be described in the topology.

TBH, there is no reason to do that, I was just trying out ASoC topology on QCom platforms :-)

I will give that a go, hopefully that should help!

Look at the SOF machine drivers, they have ZERO FEs hard-coded, precisely because we want the topology to define FEs.

Do you have an example topology for this that I can take as reference?

thanks,
srini

And for legacy machine drivers, we also skip all FE dailinks and only use the ones from the topology.