Possible alsa bug around USB drivers

Hey all,

The last few weeks I've been plagued by inconsistent audio on my PopOS
20.10 desktop. Sometimes on boot everything would be fine, but other
times I would have no working audio and only dummy devices in the
audio menus. I eventually found that if I specify the modprobe order
so that the USB driver (eg. for my webcam) loads after the onboard
motherboard driver, that audio will work consistently.

Here are the related links:
- Reddit thread where I posted the original problem and the solution:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pop_os/comments/lmvbj3/audio_not_working_after_upgrading_computer/
- A related thread where it sounds like an arch user has the same
problem: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=260373
- The alsa info I uploaded while under the effects of the problem:
http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=a23ccbb818fec6eaf08b032504eac5d5d8a30589

I'm not really sure where this problem originated but I figured you
guys might be able to point me in the right direction if it is not an
alsa problem.

I don't think I messed with the original alsa-base.conf but I suppose
my memory could be failing me here. I'm not sure where this file comes
from but I'm guessing it could be either a pop os, ubuntu, or alsa
default configuration?

Thanks,
Steven Skeard