Re: Crash in acpi_ns_validate_handle triggered by soundwire on Linux 5.10

czw., 28 sty 2021 o 13:39 Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael@xxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):
> The only explanation for that I can think about (and which does not
> involve supernatural intervention so to speak) is a stack corruption
> occurring between these two calls in sdw_intel_acpi_cb().  IOW,
> something scribbles on the handle in the meantime, but ATM I have no
> idea what that can be.

I tried KASAN but it didn't find anything and kernel actually booted
successfully.

Comparing to the initial log, there are some new ACPI messages,
but they were present also in the log with acpi_debug enabled:

"No Local Variables are initialized for Method [_STA]
No Arguments are initialized for method [_STA]"

Full kernel log here:
https://people.freedesktop.org/~mslusarz/tmp/kasan.txt