Re: Haswell audio no longer working with new Catpt driver

Hi,

I'm taking this conversation back to the mailinglist. Hope you don't mind.

On 12/31/20 2:15 PM, Christian Labisch wrote:
Hi Amadeusz, Greg, and Lars-Peter,

Do you have a suggestion for a workaround ?
A special boot parameter that I could add ?
Will the drivers work in the next version ?

I had a quick look at the changes to the HDA driver between v5.9 and v5.10. And there isn't that much, expect some changes to power management.

Curiously enough pretty much your only difference between your v5.9 and v5.10 alsa-info.sh is that a few of the nodes are in D3 state (meaning powered down) in v5.10. One of them is the internal speaker.

But this could also be a coincidence, would be interesting to see what the output of alsa-info.sh looks like when the you are trying to play some audio. If it is still powered down then there is a bug.

- Lars

Regards,
Christian