Re: problems with Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

Takashi wrote:

>It's a VERY old version.  Try to install the latest ALSA HG version or
>the daily snapshot tarball.  If it still doesn't work, check the codec
>from /proc/asound/card0/codec#* file, and try to pass model option
>values listed in ALSA-Configuration.txt.

I installed 1.0.15 from the website and had to add 'acer-aspire' as an
option inorder to get it to work. With 'acer' as the option the
speakers worked but the headphones didn't but 'acer-aspire' as the
option the speakers and headphones worked but the speakers did not mute
when headphones were plugged into the socket.

now it's working pretty okay.

Thanks for the help,
Conor