[Question]: Mute all channels when starting X11

alsa-project/alsa-utils issue #72 was edited from atreyasha:

Hello, thank you for developing `alsa-utils`. I have a specific question pertaining to `amixer`.

## Current behaviour

When starting `X11` and `i3` (my window manager), I would like to have all audio channels (speaker, headphones, etc.) muted. At the moment, I have the following command in my `i3` configuration file:

```
amixer -q sset Master mute
```

And as expected, the Master channel is indeed muted after starting `X11`. However, when I connect or disconnect my headphones, the volume automatically reverts back to the volume that was saved during the last boot.

## Expected behaviour

I would like all volume channels to stay muted. So for example after starting `X11` and `i3`, I would like to see that both my speakers and headphones are muted, even when I plug/unplug the jack. Would you have any recommendations on how to do this?

I was considering manually muting both headphones and speakers with `amixer` and then re-using the `alsa` state file during boots. But I am unsure because this seems like a hack'ish solution.

## System specifications

OS/Kernel: Arch Linux, 5.9.8-arch1-1, x86_64 GNU/Linux
alsa-utils: 1.2.4-2 (installed via `pacman` package manager)
wm: `i3-gaps`

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/issues/72
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils