[alsa-devel mailing list / gmail] Re: Excessive bounces

Dne 21. 10. 20 v 23:09 Eu, acc napsal(a):
> Dear Sir
>
> I received an email to confirm membership on alsa-devel list.
>
> I have doubled checked configuration, possible invasion of my systems. It is
> strange because I use Gmail for reading the list, there is more than 5 GB of
> available space, and not other reason for the bounces.
>
> The only curious point is that email from several regular developers, even
> Jaroslav at a time, are classified as spam by gmail. I tried to discover the
> reason in the past, but the explanation from Google is that there seems to be
> a lot of spam in alada-devel and and alsa-users lists.

I need the real examples (for alsa-devel). The alsa-users mailing list is on
sourceforge and probably dead.

> Thanks and keep the good work.

[Cc: to alsa-devel]

I'm sorry, but it seems that gmail changed something before several weeks for
incoming e-mail and they have weird message rate limit rules for IP address
and content classification. It basically does not work for the mailing list. I
already tried to contact their support, but I've not received any answer.

I already implemented all protections like DKIM, DMARC, SFP. Verified today
using a dmarc report analyzer tool.

Unfortunately, I cannot do much here. I can assist to fix the issues, but I
need to know, what I can improve. I suggest to use another e-mail service. It
seems that google does not care about users now. Or you should ask them what's
exactly wrong.

The current postmaster.google.com stats for alsa-project.org:

User reported spam rate - 0%
DKIM, DMARC, SFP success rate - all 100%
Encryption - 100%
IP reputation - bad
Delivery errors - 40% - 100%

					Jaroslav