Re: More Generic Audio Graph Sound Card idea

If a device is hard limited to particular slots we can presumably
discover that (either through the spec or by keying off the ID
registers) and do the right thing?  In any case if we need a firmware
mapping for DT systems it sounds like something that works for TDM
should be mappable onto SoundWire channels easily enough.

yes, if we can define a notion of logical TDM 'slot group' (e.g. headphone, mic, streamA, <add tag here>, etc), then the mapping with SoundWire data ports is straightforward. The mapping would typically come from platform firmware, not by checking device registers.

The actual value of a TDM slot which defines the transport position is however irrelevant for SoundWire.