Re: No ack() calback in component driver

Hi Morimoto-san,

With your commit e2cb4a14541d ("ASoC: soc-core: merge snd_pcm_ops member to
component driver") snd_pcm_ops is replaced with callback functions in
component driver. In doing so, ack() callback was not retained in component
driver.
Was this intentional because there were no users of ack() or if there were
other reasons?
I can't see any reason not to allow components to have an ack()
operation so I'd guess it was just lack of use.
I think I replaced existing callback only.
Thus, I think I did nothing to it if there was no users.

I was infact referring to [0] in which you added callbacks directly in component driver. Later in the same series [1] 'snd_pcm_ops' was removed from 'snd_soc_component_driver'. It looks like at that point of time 'snd_pcm_ops' had ack() callback. The reason for asking this is, for a driver (not yet in upstream) some implementation depended on this callback() and while moving to component it was noticed that ack() is not present in component. I guess without an user it is not recommended to add this callback. In that case I will push it along with the driver once it is ready.

[0] Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/87tv8raf3r.wl-kuninori.morimoto.gx@xxxxxxxxxxx [1] https://lore.kernel.org/alsa-devel/8736gb90by.wl-kuninori.morimoto.gx@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,
Sameer.