Re: No sound over HDMI on HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI

At Wed, 09 Jan 2008 13:06:02 +0200,
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski wrote:

> Hi, I have an Asus MB with integrated ATI X1200 audio controller
> connected over HDMI to an LCD TV.
>
> intel-hda driver correctly identifies and drives the card, but
> I get no sound over HDMI only over the standard stereo output
> jack. I've unmuted iec958 control on the HDMI card.
>
> I'm testing the card like this:
>
> root@browser:~# aplay -D plughw:1,0 test.wav
> Playing WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 16000 Hz, Stereo
>
> No sound.

16kHz is no standard sample rate that HD-audio supports.

> root@browser:~# aplay -D plughw:0,0 test.wav
> Playing WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 16000 Hz, Stereo
>
> Sound is ok.
>
> Is there some patches that I could try to get the HDMI output
> working?

Try the very latest ALSA driver from ALSA HG repo.  The version on
2.6.24 doesn't support multiple devices.

Then run like

	aplay -D default:1 test.wav

which means to send to the default secondary (1) output.

Takashi
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe alsa-devel" in