Re: More Generic Audio Graph Sound Card idea

Hi Mark, Morimoto-san,

Having an audio-graph-card2 isn't ideal but may be required at least
during development :/  Ideally we'd be able to have the new driver parse
both binding formats (or rather, have the new binding format be new use
cases for the same binding format) and only use -card2 while it's in
development.
If you want to update current audio-graph-card without creating new
audio-graph-card2, I'm OK about it. But need adjusting / agreement.

Current audio-graph-card "DSP" user is only me, and I'm using it only locally.
Thus upstream doesn't get damage if I removed "audio-graph-scu-card"
(= DSP use case) support.

OTOH, Sameer is posting patch for "-cc-" support. If it was accepted
and he used it on upstream (= on tegra),
keeping compatibility will be very difficult and/or code will be very confusable.

If Sameer can OK and wait new audio-graph-card, maybe we have no compatibility issue.
But in such case, 1st version of new audio-graph-card might be not enough for him.
Sameer need to waiting / testing / adjusting / etc, etc...
The problem I'm feeling is that new card (= let's call it as card2 here) and
Sameer's posting "-cc-" are conflicted / no-compatibility.
It expands card1 DPCM detection.

The good things having "-cc-" is that he can use it immediately.
the bad things is that it is dificult to keep compatibility between "card1 + -cc-" and "card2".

Creating card2 for development purpose is very welcome for me, and card1 user :)
But after that, if we want to merge card1 and card2, we need to drop "-cc-" support unfortunately.
If we want to keep "-cc-", we need to have both card1 / card2.

So, how to handle it ?

Need your help for clarity on above. Currently I cannot publish v3 for [0] unless above is resolved.

[0] https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/8/5/42

Thanks,
Sameer.