Re: Enabling DAPM for Dummy DAIs

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 05:45:59PM +0000, Sridharan, Ranjani wrote:

> Thanks, Mark. But I am still confused by what you mean by a simple
> codec here. Would this simple codec be registered by the SOF platform
> driver?

Any CODEC driver that doesn't require software control.  I have no idea
what would register something with the whole probing situation you have
- ideally you'd just be able to use the actual configuration of the
board you're on.  Given you're already registering platform devices for
things not described in ACPI whatever does that is probably the right
place.