USB interface: Mixer controls out-of-sync?

Hi all,

after connecting my USB interface (Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 1st Gen), the
alsa control element values reported by libalsa are not in sync with the
hardware.

For example, the "Master 1 (Monitor)" control is shown as muted, but a
signal can be heard. Unmuting changes nothing, and muting again disables
the signal. In practice I often have to go through many controls and
alter them a little to synchronize alsamixer with the actual hardware
settings.

Is this a known behavior?

Kind regards, Tanjeff