Re: Mitac 8252D hda_intel

At Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:51:10 +0000,
glv wrote:

> (Second attempt, hope this works)
>
> Hello,
> I have a Mitac 8252D computer with hda_intel, it has 3 sockets in front:
> microphone, audio(headphones)and S/PDIF.
> When using 5.1 the manual says:
> Microphone: rear speakers
> Audio:  front speakers
> S/PDIF: center and subwoofer
> Modprobing without any options gives me sound to the headphone and digital
> socket and
> Modprobing with model=6stack-hp gives me sound to the speakers to but they
> stay on when headph. are pluged in
>
> Output from alsa-info.sh:
> http://pastebin.ca/772406

Posting here, at least the content of /proc/asound/codec#*, would be
more helpful.

Is the SPDIF optical?  If yes, the device should have two output pins,
one for SPDIF and one for CLFE.  That'll be relatively easy.
If the SPDIF output is really shared, it means that the digital audio
out widget is used for the analog out, too.  It's not implemented in
other devices, so the change would be somehow unique for this device.

thanks,

Takashi