Re: hardware-dependent features

Daniel Mack wrote:
> Also, I'd like to support the LEDs and displays on the devices and was
> wondering which interface to choose for that. I've got a patch ready
> which uses the generic led subsystem, but that approach seems to be a
> bit ugly as I end up having one entry per led on each device in one
> single folder. Any idea of a better way?

I've used three 'mixer' controls for the three LEDs of the SB Audigy 2
NX.  Whether this is a good idea depends on how many LEDs there are, and
how one might want to use them.  Are there LED displays, i.e., multiple
LEDs in a row?

I think the displays could by controlled by mixer controls of type
"bytes".  Usual mixer applications can't handle those, but this is
quite hardware dependent anway ...

Regards,
Clemens