Re: a52 plugin + ffmpeg with libswresample

Dne 03. 12. 19 v 21:12 Giovanni Harting napsal(a):
Hello,

I'm working on restoring functionality to the a52 plugin.
ALSA build with ffmpeg without (deprecated) libavresample does not build
this plugin, since libavresample is missing. Archlinux for example does
not build with libavresample anymore [1], therefore a52 is missing in
alsa-plugins builds since that change happened.

I ported rate-lav to libswresample, which seems to work well after a
month of daily use.

The oddity is that a config file (asoundrc, [2]), that worked fine with
alsa-lib 1.1.6, does not work with 1.1.7+. I could not find a change
that causes this.

I traced it down to _snd_pcm_rate_open() in pcm/pcm_rate.c, where
keywords from within pcm {} are passed into, where it fails with
"Unknown field card" (for example).

I worked around it by filtering out all keywords [3], but that feels a
little unclean. Is there a proper way to fix this? I'm not familiar with
ALSA's config parsing.

I'll submit patches for both once I figured out how to fix this.

Show us the code (for example via github or so) to look what you're trying to do. It seems that the configuration parser in the plugin is broken.

					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>