Re: snd-hda-intel, AD 1988b: SPDIF output not working correctly, volume low for analog output

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Then it must be a usage error.  In the ALSA system, the same stream is
> used regardless of audio or non-audio data.
>
> It might be that you set non-audio bit permanently.  Verify with
> iecset program in alsa-utils package.
>

> Takashi

Audio mode is enabled.  I haven't made any other changes since compiling
in the modifications I mentioned earlier.  I wasn't aware of this
utility before looking up this thread however, so I don't know what the
data rate or mode it was running before.

Thanks.