Re: [Alsa-user] Impossible to make subwoofer work on a Dell XPS M1710w

I looked it up, and according to the information here (Subsystem: Dell
Unknown device 01ce, Dell XPS M1710), your system should have a Stac9200
in it and it has been supported (in hg) since Feb 13.  Make sure you are
not specifying any model in the /etc/modprobe.conf or /etc/modprobe.d/*
files.

Also, if you are still having issues, run
http://bulletproof.servebeer.com/alsa/scripts/alsa-info.sh and post the
resulting file.  It will have most of the debugging info that we need.

Tobin

Tobin Davis

BOFH excuse #178:

short leg on process table