Re: Intel HDA Driver - Bug

At Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:58:32 +0100,
Steven King wrote:

> Hi Takashi,
>
> I still have not had much success getting the front microphone jack
> working correctly.  The internal array microphone works by setting the
> "Digital Input Source" to "Digital Mic 1" which corresponds to the
> chipset configuration loaded by BIOS and then by the driver in
> patch_sigmatel.c. So, im not without a microphone for the time being.

Aha, so it's indeed connected to a digital mic (0x17).
Good to know.

> I tried setting Port C,D,E,F (Port A and B are HP and internal
> speaker) to be microphone inputs in the nid configuration, however it
> still did not get any input audio. Would it have something to do with
> the jack detect pin on the microphone jack?  What else may I have a
> look at?

I guess 0x0b is the mic input (although it's labelled as "Line").
You might have "Line In as Output Switch".  This will change the
I/O direction of the pin.  There have been bugs regarding this switch
in the recent version and it got fixed after 1.0.14 release.  So,
please use the latest ALSA HG version for debugging the problems.

thanks,

Takashi