Re: ALSA driver problem after standby/resume

At Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:31:16 -0400,
Rich Rattanni wrote:

> All:
>
> I have noticed a strange behaviour in the ALSA driver that seems to be
> occur after initiating a power standby and resume.  I am working on an
> application that uses FusionSound to playback OGG audio files.  When
> the application recognizes it is idle, it tells the OS to enter
> standby mode.  Upon resuming from standby, the ALSA API call made by
> fusionsound no longer acts as a blocking read, instead it returns
> immediately.  I have confirmed this with Denis Oliver Kropp of the
> DirectFB / FusionSound project.  He suggested that the ALSA driver
> should be repaired to prevent this problem from occuring.

It's not clear what is happening there.
Do you have a small testcase?

When the suspend/resume happens, the apps is usually requested to call
snd_pcm_resume() and/or snd_pcm_prepare() appropriately to reset the
stream.  Otherwise the PCM status is kept as SUSPENDED.

Takashi