Re: SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

On 03/18/2007 09:09 PM, Lee Revell wrote:

> Can someone PLEASE do SOMETHING about the fucking spam on this list?
> Every thread ends inconclusively and I am sick of it.  The problem is
> getting worse not better.

Quite :-)

Given how used mozilla by now is that most anything coming from this
list is spam, I usually end up reading most of alsa-devel from within my
local "junk" folder...

> Something needs to be done NOW or this list will have no subscribers
> left by the time the problem is fixed.  That cannot be a good outcome
> for ALSA development.

A few weeks ago Jaroslav asked for a volunteer to help moderate as an
immediate solution until better spam filtering was in place and I should
still be able to do that. Never heard back though, nor anything on my
proposal to try and get alsa-project.org mail setup on the nl.linux.org
server.

The problem is indeed very bad. If we can have a "it should improve via
a new setup within N weeks" statement for some sufficiently small value
of N or something like that we can sit it out I guess but I quite agree
something is relatively urgently needed.

Rene.