Re: Problems with Realtek HD Audio

Hi, Takashi.

As you said,
I raised the value of "Capture Volume",
and chose 'Front Mic' as the capture source.

But nothing changed.

I append /etc/asound.state file.
(Of cource, I loaded this file by "alsactl restore".)

My current driver is "alsa-driver-hg20070220".

> > I think it doesn't have any problems.
> > 	control.15 {
> > 		comment.access 'read write'
> > 		comment.type INTEGER
> > 		comment.count 2
> > 		comment.range '0 - 31'
> > 		iface MIXER
> > 		name 'Capture Volume'
> > 		value.0 0
> > 		value.1 0
> > 	}
>
> Raise this volume.
>
> > 	control.16 {
> > 		comment.access 'read write'
> > 		comment.type BOOLEAN
> > 		comment.count 2
> > 		iface MIXER
> > 		name 'Capture Switch'
> > 		value.0 true
> > 		value.1 true
> > 	}
> (snip)
> > 	control.21 {
> > 		comment.access 'read write'
> > 		comment.type ENUMERATED
> > 		comment.count 1
> > 		comment.item.0 Mic
> > 		comment.item.1 'Front Mic'
> > 		comment.item.2 Line
> > 		comment.item.3 CD
> > 		iface MIXER
> > 		name 'Input Source'
> > 		value Mic
> > 	}
>
> And choose 'Front Mic' as the capture source.

Reviewing this problem again:

  - mic capture stops when other "new" application start
  - this state continues till system or ALSA are restarted
  - applications have started once are stored in page
cash, so they don't give any influence to mic capture
    (in fact, after page cache was cleared, they stop mic
capture again.)

Best regards.

===
Shingo

Start Yahoo! Auction now! Check out the cool campaign
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/auction/