Re: Default device with fallback

Dear Lee,

I am really new to Alsa, so my opinion may not matter:

I have three sound card : one Edirol UA-25 and two Terratec Aureon USB
MK2. The problem is that when unplugin one or several devices, the
plughw:x,y number may change. This is the main problem.

In the best approach, I would prefer to be able to set plughw:x,y
numbers once for all. I hope this can be done using Udev, but I am not
sure.

Would it be possible to address devices using product IDs directly. I
know this sounds incredible, but each device usually has a unique ID
somewhere.

So in place of writing plughw:x,y, we would write productid:xyzzer. This
would allow plughw:x,y to continue to behave like today. The only
difference is that users would really have a unique way of naming
hotplugable devices.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel