Re: Question regarding spam on alsa-devel

On 2/5/07, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> At Mon, 05 Feb 2007 10:02:11 -0800,
> Tobin Davis wrote:
> >
> > Right now, half of my incoming spam is from this mailing list.
> >
> > I noticed that the kernel developers mailing list is now only taking email from
> > subscribers, which drastically cuts down on spam.  Is there any reason this can't be
> > done for alsa-devel?  The only thing that would be of issue is that users would have
> > to subscribe before posting emails, which doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.
>
> We did so some time ago, but changed to open because we got complains
> from kernel guys that the cross-posting caused problems.  If LKML was
> also limited only for subscribers, I think we can do that again,
> too...

I can post to LKML and I'm not subscribed, are you sure this has been changed?

How about moving the list from sourceforge to vger.kernel.org since
they have implemented some major spam filtering. I believe it is those
new spam filters that are keeping lkml clean.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxx