Re: AC97 touchscreen support

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 14:32 +0100, Manuel Lauss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible for the ALSA AC97 layer to support
> a AC97 touchscreen (such as the Wolfson 97xx series
> or the ucb1400) in a generic way? I.e. can I access
> certain registers in the codec from a "platform" driver
> which uses the ac97 bus instead of the platform bus?
> (Is there something like a "struct ac97_driver" which
> works like the "struct platform_driver"? )

I can only comment on the wm97xx drivers here as I'm the author.

The wm97xx touch driver is pretty much arch independent and uses the
ac97 bus device for access to the codec. Alsa audio works as normal.

Fwiw, wm9705, wm9712 and wm9713 drivers are here :-

http://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/~lg/wm97xx/

I assume your trying to read back an AUX adc or similar for some board
specific purpose. In this case I've added an wm97xx bus device that can
grant access to codec IO and other misc common functions (and can be
used from your platform driver). However, it's not truly generic as it
does require the wm97xx core.

HTH

Liam