Re: ASoC merge plans

At Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:02:19 +0000,
Liam Girdwood wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 12:58 +0000, Ben Dooks wrote:
> > What is the current merge plans for getting ASoC
> > into the kernel? is there any specific timeline?
> >

> Were working hard atm trying to get 0.13 released and ready for the next
> merge kernel window (0.12 is already in alsa-kernel). This will include
> AT91xx and pxa2xx platform support and corgi, tosa, borzoi, poodle, HTC
> magician and eti_b1 machine support.
>
> > I am specifically interested in the S3C24xx series
> > as this is what most of my current work is with.
>
> S3C24xx platform support is pretty much working well now (probably could
> do with a little more testing). Your patches made this quite easy :) I
> think we should probably proceed and try for S3C24xx support 2.6.21.
>
> Takashi, when do you and Jaroslav intend to push alsa-kernel in this
> merge window. Do you have a date in mind that I can target for the next
> release ?

My feeling is that this week is almost the last chance for big changes
as a merge candidate (suppose that the patch is well tested by
submitters).  Then we'll have a chance to test once on mm, too.

But, it of course, depends on the size and nature of the changes, and
when 2.6.20-final is released (i.e. when 2.6.21 merge window opens).

Takashi