Re: Need help: My .asoundrc no longer works.

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 11:46:22AM -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> On 1/20/07, John Rigg wrote:
> >You shouldn't need the plug converter if you specify the slaves channels
> >correctly. The ice1712 has 12 inputs and 10 outputs (regardless of how
> >many physical inputs/outputs your card has) and this needs to be
> >set explicitly in .asoundrc using separate playback and capture device
> >definitions. See here for explanation:
>
> How could the above .asoundrc work given that the ICE1712 and EMU10K1
> devices are not synced at the hardware level?

Good question. I'm not familiar with the SBLive!, but I
assumed (perhaps wrongly) that it had at least an S/PDIF output that
could be linked to the Delta's S/PDIF input.

jackd can actually run for a surprising length of time with unsynced
cards without alsa_pcm xrun messages (unlike jackdmp which produces a
slew of read errors), but I wouldn't expect to get a usable recording.

John