Re: Add support for Sigmatel STAC9202/9250/9251 codecs.

What I found from other testers is that you need to add "probe_mask=1" to the driver when loading.  This can be done a couple of ways.  The easiest way to test it is with modprobe as follows:

modprobe snd-hda-intel probe_mask=1
The other method that makes this more permanent is to add probe_mask=1 to your modprobe.conf file.  Since each distribution is different, the best I can tell you is to look in /etc for either a modprobe.conf or modules.conf file.  There might also be variations of those files (i.e. modprobe.preload, modprobe.d/sound.conf, etc).  Ther should be something like this:

alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel

Add the following line to the same file, below the alias line:

options snd-hda-intel probe_mask=1

That should fix your dep range issues and give you working sound.

As a final note, the latest patch is available in alsa-driver-1.0.14rc2 available from alsa-project.org.  The only issues I know of are crashes with the Gateway NX560XL, which are as of yet unresolved.  I do have good reports of your model working though.

Tobin