Re: Plugin for amplifying microphone (software "mic boost")

At Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:24:02 +0200,
Ilya Konstantinov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add software amplification to my Bluetooth headset (which works through
> the ALSA userspace plugin developed by the Bluetooth-alsa project). On the ALSA
> plugins page, I've seen two plugins which seemed somehow relevant: softvol and route.
>
> Can any of them allow me to amplify the audio (yes, I'm aware that software amp. is
> worse), or is there some other way?

The softvol plugin doesn't support amplifying but only attenuation
(for optimization).

OTOH, the route plugin supports amplifying, but it doesn't have
dynamic volume controls.  If you need only fixed amplification, this
should work.

Takashi