Click after draining

Hi All,

This bug
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/14700/focus=14700)
appears to exist for the pxa2xx-pcm driver on a PXA270 platform.

- It appears that Takashi's patch isn't included in the ALSA Drivers as
of 2.6.16 - is there any reason why?
- Takashi commented in the thread that the period sizes must all be the
same.  Is this still true?  If the sizes are not the same (as in the
pxa2xx-pcm driver), could this cause this problem?

I've done some analysis by toggling a GPIO when a period ends.  The
result is (N indicates sound, the two N's at the end indicate unwanted
sound which appears to come from earlier in the circular buffer):

     |-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|
     NNNN                                   NN
                  ^                          ^
End of audio data |                          | SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_STOP

So the IRQ is occurring but the ALSA core is not turning off the DMA
until the next IRQ.  I've experimented with setting

	runtime->stop_threshold = runtime->buffer_size -
runtime->period_size;

And this works but ends up cutting other .wav files short.  I have found
that setting

	runtime->silence_size = runtime->period_size * 2;
	runtime->silence_threshold = runtime->period_size * 2;

causes this problem to go away however this causes issues when playing
multiple sound files back to back.

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Andrew