Re: what information to provide for bug report of ALC880 sound card problems ?

To start, what version of alsa are you running (cat /proc/asound/version)?  You should download at least alsa-driver-1.0.14rc1.tar.bz2 from the alsa-project.org site.  For debugging and configuring your system, it is recommended that you build with "./configure --with-debug=detect --with-cards=hda-intel".

Clear the dmesg log with "dmesg -c" prior to loading the driver.  After loading, the driver will output some basic information that we need for development.  Also send "cat /proc/asound/card0/codec* >Sager9860-codec.txt", and "lspci -s 0:1b -vn" output.

These three things will help us to get your system added quickly.

Thanks,

Tobin