Sound on Packard Bell V7900 (ALC260): where from here?

To the attention of ALSA Devel mailing list users.
--------

It's now been several months since I bought my Packard Bell V7900 laptop
but I was never able to hear any sound coming from its speakers.
I tried every ALSA release from 1.12 to the latest 1.14rc1 but without
any success.
I tried loading the kernel modules with every possible option
(hp,acer,fujitsu,..) but nothing from happened.The only useful result
was to get sound coming from a jack marked "Line In" when snd-hda-intel
is configured with 'model=test'.

Jonathan Woithe has been very helpful, I tried to explain to him as best
as I could all the ALSA configurations tested and what I got from them.
When I last heard from him he told me he believed that Packard Bell
implemented some sort of amplifier between the Realtek chipset and the
speakers.

It so seems to be a problem regarding only this particular model of
laptop from PB.
Since I don't have any experience dealing with this kind of situations
who should I ask for support?
Should I contact Packard Bell directly asking them for more information
and/or some datasheets?Should I ask Realtek?
Also, should I expect any help from them?

Thank you,

Andrea

--
Andrea Gozzi <andrea.gozzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>