Re: Long-standing 5.1ch huge LFE/rear swap annoyance (ALSA vs. Windows!)

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 20:51 +0100, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> I also had a quick visit to #ubuntu (openprojects) where I was
> absolutely SHOCKED about the amount of sound config issues. Those even
> exceeded the amount of wireless configuration requests. At least 3
> sound/mixer issues within the one hour that I was in there (weirdly
> swapped channels on surround, almost no sound or none at all, ...).
>
> Thus I think there should be more effort towards getting currently
> implemented chipset drivers to work on all those cards easily.
> Of course this is much easier said than done...

It would help tremendously if the Ubuntu people could push these
upstream.  Bugs that end up in the ALSA bug tracker do get addressed.
Sometimes I think that the distro people assume that ALSA developers
must know about all these issues, which is impossible because of the
amount of hardware out there.

Lee