Re: OSS MIxer API(OSS Emulation mode)

Takashi-san,

I tried giving the name as "Master Capture Route" and it got mapped to the proper put function of the kcontrol  :). Thanks for the suggestion. But I do not see any new control( for Master Capture Route ) being created when I run alsamixer. Is there any other change necessary for this?

Regards,
Aditya

On 11/14/06, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:
At Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:16:50 +0530,
Aditya Shankar wrote:

>  Takashi-san,
>
>       Thanks for the info on that.
>      I am trying to invoke the ioctl command SOUND_MIXER_WRITE_RECSRC . The name or
> the identifier string in the kcontrol record is "Master Input Capture Route".  But
> with this also, it's not getting mapped to the put func of the kcontrol. Is the
> name for the kcontrol correct or is there something additional that must be done? pls
> let me know..

Right, "Master Input Capture Route" is a non-standard name and
wouldn't be referred from OSS mixer emulation layer.  Try
"Master Capture Route", for example.

But, it'd be better that you show the all control elements, for
example, via "alsactl store".  The mapping of ALSA <-> OSS mixer
elements is pretty complex (as you can find in core/oss/mixer_oss.c).

Takashi