Re: problem with alsa on Sony UX-90s

Takashi Iwai schrieb:
> At Thu, 09 Nov 2006 16:28:57 +0100,
> Matthias Lemke wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> i tried the last days linux on a sony UX90.
>> It is a very small notebook computer.
>>
>> Sound works perfekt with headphones, but the internal speaker does not
>> his job.
>> I use als 1.0.13.
>>
>> from dmesg:
>> [17179590.068000] hda_codec: Unknown model for ALC262, trying auto-probe
>> from BIOS...
>
> First of all, try the latest ALSA version from HG tree, especially for
> HD-audio.  If it doesn't work, try to choose different model option
> found in ALSA-Configuration.txt.  Some model might match with your
> device.

I updated to 1.0.13...
is it not "latest" enough?
So please give me (non developer) some hints how to get the latest code
please. which components (driver, utils, lib?) I have to update?

> If none of the existing model matches with yours, we'd need to create
> a new model.  Load the driver without model option, and show the
> content of /proc/asound/card0/codec#* file.  If we have luck, the BIOS
> sets up a speaker pin...

I added this output to my bug:
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2605

After upgrading I can try the different models...

thanks

math