Re: [RFC/PATCH] Stop Apple i2s DMA gracefully

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 08:54 +1100, Paul Mackerras wrote:

> True.  Can the trigger function sleep in the suspend case?

No idea. Takashi?

> And
> presumably the resume trigger should only restart the DMA if it was
> running when the suspend trigger was called, but how does it know
> that?

Well, I assume that if it's not playing the pcm trigger will neither be
called during suspend nor during resume, since the actual device suspend
is later, this is only the pcm suspend. Actually, could the device
suspend sleep and wait? Then we could play a sound during suspend if we
somehow manage to make the audio device suspend last, and the pcm
first :)

johannes