Re: [RFC/PATCH] Stop Apple i2s DMA gracefully

Takashi Iwai writes:

> We need no irqsave/irqrestore but here since the function is supposed
> to be called always in schedulable situation.  spin_lock_irq() should
> be enough.

OK.

> Any reason to put extra inline here?  It's no time-critical funciton,
> so let compiler do optimization.

Sure.

> BTW, shoud this go to 2.6.19 although the fix isn't so trivial, or
> could wait for the next?

I don't have a strong feeling either way.  It is a bug fix, but for a
bug which doesn't seem to have affected many people (although perhaps
people were avoiding using capture because it didn't work properly),
but it's not a bug which can lead to any crash or vulnerability as far
as I can see.

Paul.