Bug #2308

3 months ago, I filed the following bug in the bugtracker:

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2308

but noone bothered to answer yet. So I hope by posting to the mailing lists, I
might receive some attention at last.

In short: I have a SoundBlaster 5.1 live; but unfortunately, I don't receive
anything via the front channels when using surround 5.1. ; using speaker-test
or xine. The speakers are ok; they work with windows, and setting "Front
Jack" to "Rear Output" gives me Rear Output (or anything else; only "Front
Output" gives me nothing) via the front speakers. This situations has been
present from 1.0.11 till now (1.0.13); it worked before (although I had other
severe errors before...).

Similar errors have occured before, but it is not fixed for me:

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=1624
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=1648

Concerning my card, I have the following information:

alsamixer:
Card: SB Live 5.1 [SB0220]
Chip: SigmaTel STAC9758,59

dopefish dopefish # lspci -vn | grep -A1 0401
01:0a.0 0401: 1102:0002 (rev 0a)
        Subsystem: 1102:100a

lshw:
                product: SB Live! EMU10k1
                vendor: Creative Labs
                physical id: a
                bus info: pci@01:0a.0
                version: 0a
                width: 32 bits
                clock: 33MHz
                capabilities: bus_master cap_list
                configuration: driver=EMU10K1_Audigy latency=32 maxlatency=20
mingnt=2
                resources: ioport:9000-901f irq:20

I'm running gentoo on an Athlon XP 2400, with kernel 2.6.18-gentoo-r1, but
alsa is compiled via ebuild, not into the kernel.

I'd be glad to receive more response here than I received in the bugtracker
(i.e., I'm glad for anything...)

Thanks in advance

	Stefan