Re: (Was Re: [Alsa-user] Poorly supported HDA intel)

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:48:13 +0200, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> At Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:35:43 +0200,
> Ricardo Cerqueira wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:18:09 +0200, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> assignments,
>> > information.
> have
>> > any

>> > Strange, it works for me.  I tested to print extra data up to 32k
>> > bytes on my i386 machine, and it looks OK.
>> >
>> > Check alsa-kernel hg tree whether you have a changeset 4658
>> > "Fix re-use of va_list" (although it should work even without this
>> > patch on i386).
>>
>> Yes, I'm at changeset 4662... I checked core/info.c by hand, and the
> va_list
>> change is there... I just tried cloning fresh copies of alsa-kernel and
>> alsa-driver, and the result is the same.
>
> Weird.  Could you check whether really it's 4k boundary problem?

Looks like it is:

> For example, try the patch below to see whether you get 500 dummy
> lines in codec#0 proc file.

[root@frolic ~]# cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 | tail
[76] XXXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX XXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX
[77] XXXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX XXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX
[78] XXXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX XXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX
[79] XXXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX XXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX
[80] XXXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX XXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX
[81] XXXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX XXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX
[82] XXXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX XXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX
[83] XXXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX XXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX
[84] XXXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX XXXX DUMMY LINE XXXX
[85] XXXXX DUMMY LINE XXX[root@frolic ~]#
[root@frolic ~]#
[root@frolic ~]# wc  /proc/asound/card0/codec#0
85 770 4095 /proc/asound/card0/codec#0