Re: Snd-usb-audio and usb-phones.

K.A. wrote:
>  I bought a noname usb ip-phone. So when plugging it in, your driver
>  snd-usb-audio is used. So I decided to ask whether you know if drivers
>  for such devices exist.

Yes, a driver for USB audio devices does exist.
Its name is snd-usb-audio.

>  The problem is that the phone is found as an audio device, it uses
>  the hiddev96 driver, but I can't hear any sound when trying to call to
>  my Skype contact -- only noise, and crack, and flicks while the call is
>  processing.
>  2:1:1: cannot get freq at ep 0x2
>  2:2:1: cannot get freq at ep 0x82

These error messages indicate that your device isn't quite compatible
with the USB audio specification.

Please show the output of "lsusb -v" for this device.

Does this device require a separate driver for Windows, or does it work
with the standard driver shipped with Windows?

Regards,
Clemens