Re: snd_pcm_lib_preallocate_pages_for_all in armlinux

At Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:54:34 +0800,
littertiger wrote:

> Hi,all
>
> In armlinux, there's no isa,pci...
> What should I set type and data to in the following function:
> int snd_pcm_lib_preallocate_pages_for_all(snd_pcm_t *pcm,
> 					  int type, void *data,
> 					  size_t size, size_t max)

In that case, avoid the standard preallocation method and use
dma_alloc_coherent() and dma_free_coherent() in hw_params and hw_free
callback.  Or, you can preallocate by yourself, as found in arm/*
drivers and soc/* drivers on HG tree.

Note that the mmap can (should) be done via dma_mmap_coherent() on
such an architecture, too.

Takashi