Re: Fw: Bug with PCM plug layer with mmap emulation=true ?

Hi,

I am running into a bug with mmap_emulation=true and the plug layer, I had also run into the bug with 1.0.9b.

The symptom of the bug is that the first period (first 2 ?) get repeated on playback.

To reproduce the bug -

Modify the the intel-snd8x0 driver so that MMAP is disabled and only the 48Khz sample rate is supported in hardware.
Compile the driver and install it.

The changes are attached with this email and reproduced below.

1097c1097
<  .info =   ( SNDRV_PCM_INFO_INTERLEAVED |
---
 .info =   (SNDRV_PCM_INFO_MMAP | SNDRV_PCM_INFO_INTERLEAVED |
1099c1099,1100
<            SNDRV_PCM_INFO_PAUSE |
---
     SNDRV_PCM_INFO_MMAP_VALID |
     SNDRV_PCM_INFO_PAUSE |

1143,1144c1144
<  //runtime->hw.rates = ichdev->pcm->rates;
<  runtime->hw.rates = SNDRV_PCM_RATE_48000;
---
 runtime->hw.rates = ichdev->pcm->rates;

Since MMAP is now disabled enable mmap_emulation=true in /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf, below is the modification

pcm.plughw {

<SNIPPED>

type plug
slave.pcm {
 type hw
 card $CARD
 device $DEV
 subdevice $SUBDEV
mmap_emulation true #modification to get plughw to work if MMAP is not supported.
}
}

Now play any non-48Khz wav file and you will hear the first fragment repeating.

aplay -D plughw:0,0 <wav file name>

If anyone knows of a workaround or if you need any more info please let me know.

Thanks,
Nikhil
----- Original Message ----- From: "Takashi Iwai" <tiwai@xxxxxxx>