Re: Issue with Intel HDA Sound card 82801G (laptop Medion)

On Tuesday 10 October at 19:48, albox@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I have just tried and it works...I guess the only thing to do now is to figure
> it out what's the difference between this patched version and the alsa driver
> 1.0.13.

Yes, that's exactly the point! But not a small one. There are big difference
between the two. I think Tobin is working on this.

> And as I said, don't forget to "modprobe -r" the driver before suspending to
> disk, or the kernel will crash.
> => What type of message did you get ? Do you know how we can avoid this problem
> (a  shell script to remove the module before suspending ?).

I get an oops... Indeed, it is possible to make a script, but you need to kill
all the processes that use alsa before modprobing -r...

Regards,
Remy