Re: 1.0.13 and hdsp cardbus

On 10/6/06, Karl Grill <kgrill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> that's interesting - I saw the same problem, but attributed it to the
> fact that
> my iobox is the (currently unsupported) hdsp rpm and that the cardbus
> card is revision 15 (also currently unsupported). You didn't do a
> firmware upgrade on the card, did you? Anyway, could you send me some
> more information (like lspci, dmesg output, at least what you can get in
> spite of the freeze).

I do not reflashed the card. But bought it recently, it may be of the
newest revision.
lspci gives:
02:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: Xilinx Corporation RME Hammerfall
DSP (rev 35)

It turns out, the freeze is on cardbus ejection.
Stack trace (hand-rewritten from the screen):

Call trace:
:snd_hdsp:snd_hdsp_midi_input_read + 0x29/0xfd
:snd_hdsp:hdsp_midi_tasklet + 0x13/0x28
tasklet_hi_action+0x3d/0x65
__do_softirq+0x49/0x9c
call_softirq+0x1c/0x28

DWARF2 unwinder stuck at call_softirq
Leftover inexact backtrace:

<IRQ> do_softirq
irq_exit
do_IRQ
default_idle
ret_from_intr
<EOI>udp_poll
default_idel
cpu_idel
start_kernel
_sinittext

Kernnel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!

Hope this will help.

Dmitry.